Information from DMPTool
Research Data Services is excited to share that DMPTool released version 3 on February 27, 2018! For those unfamiliar with DMPTool – it is a tool that can help you understand the data management plan (DMP) requirements from federal funders, write your own DMP, and share your DMP with others.
DMPTool noted that the new version includes the following updates –
- “Up-to-date Funder requirements (34 templates and more to come…)
- A searchable list of participating institutions with & without single sign-on
- New user interface with streamlined plan writing pages
- Website translations coming soon (Spanish, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, contact us to contribute another language!)
- Quick-start guide for creating a DMP (downloadable pdf coming soon)
- General data management guidance”
To access DMPTool with your UW-Madison NetID, visit DMPTool and click “Sign In” on the upper-right hand corner of your screen. From the drop down menu that appears, select option 1, “Your Institution”. Type “Wisconsin” into the text box that appears and select “University of Wisconsin-Madison” from the options and select “Go”. From there the NetID process should appear as usual.
RDS team will be updating the DMPTool with more UW-Madison specific help in the future, so be sure to keep an eye on the blog for that announcement! Until then, if you have any questions about DMPTool, feel free to contact us!