RDS services are free to UW-Madison faculty, researchers, staff, and graduate students.
- We can help draft a plan to meet requirements from federal funders.
- We can also review your plan and suggest improvements.
- Data workflow and process improvement in your department, research unit, or laboratory.
- File-format and metadata standards that fit your research and your community.
- Digital preservation and archival concepts, to help you avoid losing your work.
- Advice on data sharing and reuse rights, to maximize your influence and credit.
- We will train your trainers in data-management best practices.
- We also train you and your lab, customizing our approach to what you want to accomplish.
- We come to research-methods courses to train the next generation of researchers.
- We bring our expertise to your symposium, brown bag, or meeting.
- Storage and backup solutions, both on campus through the Campus Computing Infrastructure and beyond.
- Data-security experts, particularly in the Office of Cybersecurity.
- Research computing resources at the Center for High Throughput Computing.
- Retention guidance for research or business records through the University Records Management Program.
- Research resources available to the UW community through the Research Project Resource Guide.
- Online research dissemination help from the Wisconsin Materials Institute staff (for researchers within the College of Engineering).
- LabArchives access through electronic lab notebook services.