Information adapted from TreeSize Professional.
What is TreeSize?
TreeSize is a disk space manager tool that can help you free up space by scanning, visualizing, and identifying files that are taking up large, duplicate, or unnecessary amounts of space.
What can TreeSize help you do?
- Identify and visualize sizes of files and folders.
- View information about those files and folders.
- Filter your results through chosen criteria
- Create tree maps to see folder and file hierarchies
- View statistics about sizes, file owners within the tree maps
- View space usage by file age
- File search for drives and servers
- Archive, copy, and move results
- Search for duplicate files and deduplicate them
- Export your scan results into Excel, XML, HTML, CSV, and email
- Track growth by comparing XML exports or snapshots
- Schedule and customize your scans
How do you get it?
Available for campus community members through the Campus Software Library.
What else should you know?
If you are not able to get TreeSize through the Campus Software Library, it is important to know that there is a free version and a professional version. The free version gives you access to basic file identification and visualization. The professional version includes all features listed but has a licensing cost associated with it.
TreeSize is only available for Windows operating systems. It is also possible to manage disk space on smartphones and mobile devices with TreeSize.