The Data Science Hub is excited to invite you to participate in the inaugural Data Science Research Bazaar by submitting your ideas to present!
UW-Madison’s Data Science Research Bazaar is a practical, two-day, hands-on, unconference-style event for all members of the UW-Madison campus community who are interested in data science, from expert methodologists to novice learners just getting their feet wet with data science tools. Presenters from all disciplines, all UW-Madison affiliated individuals, and individuals from the surrounding Madison area are encouraged to apply. Help make the Research Bazaar a successful exchange of ideas and skills by participating and submitting your idea to present. The Research Bazaar is happening at the Discovery Building on January 24-25, 2020.
Proposals are due on November 15, 2019, unless otherwise noted in a specific call.
The Research Bazaar is seeking proposals for the following presentation formats and workshops:
- Lightning Talks: 3-minute short talks looking for collaborators/resources or sharing a data science tool/pipeline/resource
- Concurrent Sessions: 90 minutes for forming or meeting with Communities of Practice, tool demonstrations, other longer form discussion sessions
- Workshops: 2.5 hours to teach a hands-on tutorial for a tool, workflow, or concept
- Building an Innovative Research Community at UW-Madison – Poster Session I (Day 1)
- Data Science in the Community – Poster Session II (Day 2)
- Art Exhibit: opportunities for visual and sculptural art, for 2-day or 1-month display periods
The Research Bazaar is also seeking proposals for the following networking opportunities:
- Birds of a Feather Sessions: lunchtime networking with individuals interested in a particular topic area
- Marketplace Booths: sponsored booths to showcase services and resources
- Career Flash Talks: 5-minute short talks about how data science and research computing are used for your position.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.